Thursday, October 30, 2008

Day 63, Be Brave Project; Agony and Upstate

After the last entry I reclined on the sofa like a Victorian housewife, gripping my upper arms and trying not to scream. . .that was a long 4 hours. Time in which I began to move from Victorian housewife on the verge of hysterics (due to extreme corseting of body and mind) to a cornered animal. I began to think about what I would do to STOP THE PAIN. Take a sledgehammer to the face, if I were guaranteed the pain would stop?? Well. . .



Yes. After a while the answer was yes, please.




Crawled up to the dentist's office, only 11 blocks away, and waited in a chair clutching an Us magazine with Madonna and her ex-husband on the cover. That kabbalah she practices seems to have given her a great level of calm maturity, hasn't it? (Nope.) Dr. F came in, all curling brown toupee and gentle smile. He looked at the ex-ray, said my sinuses could be inflaming the nerve endings of my tooth that had the root canal and the crown--and he filed the crown down.
20 minutes later, reduction of pain at 80%.
Yesterday stayed at 80%. . .but enough to bring me back from the animal, to make me leave my Victorian sofa.
Now I'm going up-state for Halloween. I can be a silent, suffering warning to all children about the importance of proper dental hygiene.
Or I can just scare the crap out of them by telling them the story of my root canal last year. . .

No comments: